Introduction to NETePay
Windward System Five uses a middleware application called Datacap NETePay to send/receive transactions to and from the payment processor.
NETePay is created by Datacap Systems Inc and is a third-party software solution used for credit/debit/gift card processing. Windward System Five communicates with NETePay and NETePay communicates with the PIN pads and processor networks.
- For Canadian Mercury EMV with the VX810 PIN pads please follow these instructions.
- For Mercury US EMV with vx805 PIN pads, please see installing mercury NETePayfor US EMV
See the list of Payment Processor here: http://datacapepay.com/downloadmenu/
Windward Software Systems has no processing or support agreements with the following processors and are unsupported and untested processors. If you choose to use them let you will need to indicate you intend to use Datacap NETePay.
- ChasePayment (USA)
- Fifth Third Processing Solution (Host) (NETEPAY 5 only)
- First Data Merchant Services (FDMS) - CardNet / North (Term)
- First Data Merchant Services (FDMS) - Concord / Atlanta Datawire (HOST)
- First Data Merchant Services (FDMS) - Nashville / Envoy (Term)
- Global Payments US (Host/Term)
- Heartland Payments (Term)
- Elavon / Nova Information Systems. (Host/Term)
- RBS-World Pay (term)
- TSYS Vital Visanet (term)
- TSYS Vital Summit (Host)
If you are switching processors from a previous processor using Datacap NETePay.
- We recommend you install Datacap NETePay on a different computer than the previous Datacap NETePay so that both NETePay servers are available. Run a test transaction on the new NETePay server. Wait until you receive your deposit, then switch from the old NETePay server to the new Datacap NETePay server.
- If you have to install it on the same computer, Close your batch from the previous processor first. Uninstall Datacap NETePay and all the Datacap files. Re-install Datacap NETePay.
NETePay should never be installed on an internet-accessible server. Do not install on a terminal server session or Remote Desktop Protocol (RDP).
NETePay can be installed on any machine “physical or virtual” that is on the same network as the Windward Server. This machine must run first before anything else to establish communication through it.
For RDP and Cloud users, NETePay will be installed on your local machine that’s always on or gets turned on first. We will then use the WindwardPOS Device Manager to allow communication to your RDP Server or the File Server (this is the server where Windward Data is being hosted).
Setup & Configuration
Install Datacap NETePay
Download the installers here http://datacapepay.com/downloadmenu/
NOTE: Save all the installers inside the shared Windward, you will need them later when the PIN pad is setup on the client stations.
Choose the correct processor. You can verify this from the Merchant Sheet provided to you by your processor.
A rule of thumb:
- Unordered List ItemEach processor comes with a unique 3 letter abbreviation for easy identification.
- Unordered List ItemCanada and US will also have a separate processor to choose
Once you have selected the correct payment processor, follow the steps provided on the download page to complete the installation. And do not forget to restart the computer when prompted.
After the installation is done, you will have a NETePay Icon on your desktop
Run it Click “Obtain Serial Number,” button
Click OK on “Obtain Serial Number is Successful,” prompt
Click OK on “Configuration not Set! –Use Setup | Merchant Parameters,” prompt
Now, Go to Setup menu on the top
Click on “Setup Information”
Click on “Load New Parameters” button below
Click the “YES” button on the error prompt
Click on “I Have My Deployment ID” button
Type in your Deployment ID and click OK.
NETePay should now start and configured. But we are not done yet, we still need to ensure that it is set to run automatically on Windows Boot/Start.
You can do this in 2 ways:
NOTE: Not all processor has this feature.
1. Run “services.msc”
Look for “NETePay Service” and set it to AUTOMATIC
2. Windows Startup Folder
And add the “NETePay” desktop shortcut.
The NetEPay service will require the Windows firewall to be configured to allow access. Follow these NetEPay instructions to configure your Windows firewall. If you have a different firewall solution, you will need to configure it to allow TCP ports 9000 and 9100.
System Five Settings
Once Datacap installation is done, you will need to enable it in system five so it will communicate with NETePay. Please review payment processing settings in System Five.
Visit this troubleshooting wiki if having communication issues with Datacap NETePay.